VRHP members adhere to important standards and best practices that ensure safety and the best possible guest experience. By following these guidelines, housekeeping professionals demonstrate their commitment to service and care for their guests, while elevating the status of their company.
All VHRP members are expected to abide by these established standards and best practices (ratified in 1999) that include:
- Member companies will pursue housekeeping excellence for their property owners and rental guests through the creation of professional certification programs for managers, front-line housekeepers, and quality assurance inspectors.
- Member companies will always strive to provide their housekeeping employees with an enjoyable working environment, constantly stressing their important role in owner and guest satisfaction.
- An accurate, timely, and courteous response will be given to all housekeeping issues of any owner or guest.
- Every effort will be made to learn of and to comply with all local, state, and federal regulations that may apply to a housekeeping department.
- It will be the goal of member companies to have an inspection done on each unit prior to a guest or owner arrival to assure the unit is done to an acceptable standard and that the unit is safe and secure.
- All housekeeping staff members will be trained in proper and safe cleaning techniques and in unit security and in the OSHA Hazard Communication program.
- No member company will allow any employee to smoke at any time in a rental unit.
- The safety and security of its owners and rental guests will always be of paramount importance to members and thus, when cleaning bathrooms, a germicide will be used in every instance.
- Member companies will assure that they have accurate lost-and-found records and items found in units will be retained in a secure location.
- Owner and guest linens will be laundered in a manner that minimizes the potential for growth of harmful bacteria.
- Each member company has a set of departure cleaning guidelines that are readily available to any owner or rental guest.
Cleaning a vacation rental is no small task. A housekeeper is expected to take a property that is in disarray from departing guests and completely reset it—eradicating the microbes that have been left behind in the property and creating a like-new experience for arriving guests.
Demonstrating its commitment to safety, cleanliness, and the overall guest experience, VRHP has developed cleaning guidelines for houskeeping professionals to implement across their business and properties. Learn more below and begin enhancing your guests' stay.
View Guidelines (English)
View Guidelines (Spanish)