COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Resources
An important message from VRMA President Toby Babich
Hello, VRMA family. Without question, we have entered uncharted territory, and each of us is scrambling to address an ever growing health crisis while also calming our guests, owners, staff, and attempting to evaluate what the future holds for our industry and individual businesses. The situation would be overwhelming and frightening, if it were not for the fact that we are all in crisis management mode, to all different degrees depending on our unique destinations.
For my part, Breckenridge has essentially “shut down” until April 6th at the earliest, and we are asking our guests to leave or not come if they have upcoming reservations. Some of you may not be in as bad of shape, and many of you may be even worse off. You are all in my thoughts, and no doubt we have a long road ahead of us, full of difficulties and uncertainty. However, rest assured you can expect the the strong leadership of our VRMA staff, board, and committee members to assist our industry with education, information, and insight that will enable each of us to persevere through this extremely impactful situation we are facing.
Recently we have convened a group of subject matter experts to assist in compiling resources, information, and data to be used by those in our industry looking for answers on the best way forward. I would like to thank our “Health and Safety task force” comprised of- Sue Jones, Michelle Williams, Bob Milne, Durk Johnson, and Cliff Johnson for donating their time and energy so we all can we can all benefit from their extensive knowledge to navigate our way to better times.
In the coming weeks our focus will be to provide actionable content on a myriad of different topics through a centralized information hub. Our hope is to provide topical and informative tools that our members can utilize to address the current health crisis, and begin planning the road to recovery.
I have been a VRMA member for 12 years, and a Board member for 6. I have learned along the way in my discussions with hundreds of managers that we are a uniquely strong, determined, and resilient group of people that are always willing to help each other whenever times are tough. Please understand that while we will surely face difficulties within this current situation, that there is no question our individual and collective strength will ensure we persevere and our industry is preserved.
These are truly unprecedented times. We will keep you all posted as developments occur, and please let us know via email of we can support you in any way. Also, as often as possible, take time to be kind to each other, as we all need a bit of kindness during these trying times. Rest assured, we will recover, and each become stronger, wiser, and hopefully a bit more grateful.
All my best, to each of you.
VRMA Health & Safety Task Force
VRMA is currently engaging our newly-established Health & Safety Task Force, which is comprised of multiple board members as well as experts in human resources and the operational sides of our businesses. This group is focusing on two main areas. First, serving as a resource and repository for relevant information that pertains to our industry and running our respective businesses in these unprecedented times. Second, as we make decisions regarding upcoming events, they will look at the viability and safety measures we will take to promote health and safety.
The following information and resources are meant to help our members and industry partners navigate the uncertain road ahead. Please check this page often, as content is updated regularly.
If you have a resource to add to this page, please send to email@example.com.
Join the VRMA Slack Group!
VRMA Town Hall - COVID-19 Webinar
In an effort to provide opportunity for connection with other Vacation Rental Industry professionals during this unprecedented time, VRMA hosted a Town Hall style webinar on Friday, April 3 at 1:00pm Eastern. We were joined by 6 industry experts who helped answer your questions about processes and best practices during COVID-19.
- World Health Organization
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Travel Association
- PDF: About COVID-19
- PDF: 15 Ways to Slow the Spread
- REPORT: U.S Travel Association Economic Outlook 2020
- PODCAST: Ramzi & Coronavirus with Durk Johnson
- CDC Fact Sheets
- Existing OSHA Standards COVID 19
- General Page for Federal Relief – IRS
- News Relief for Current Month
- COVID-19 Vacation Rental Data
- State Tax Agencies
- IRS Filing and Payment Deadline Extension
- WEBINAR: COVID-19 Resources and Q&A with Industry Experts
- WEB PAGE: Atlantic Vacation Homes COVID-19
- WEB PAGE: Florida VRMA COVID-19
- WEB PAGE: Airtable - COVID-19 Resources Open Source Database
Advocacy and Legislation
- SUMMARY: CARES Act Enacted Into Law in US
- PDF: The Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act
- WEB PAGE: International Economic Recovery
- WEB PAGE: State-by-State Breakdown of Business Closures
- LETTER: COVID-19 Assistance
- Department of Labor Employee Paid Sick Leave Fact Sheets
- WEBINAR: Getting Involved For COVID-19 Recovery
- PODCAST: Coronavirus & Vacation Rental Cleaning with Durk Johnson
- VIDEO: VRHP Important Clarifications
- VIDEO: Cleaning Best Practices
- VIDEO: Proper Use of Masks
- VIDEO: Clean Time and Piece Rates
- PDF: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Rights
- PRESENTATION: Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- TEMPLATE: Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy
- WEB PAGE: SHRM (Society for HR Management)
- MEMO: Temporary Telecommuting Arrangements (SHRM)
- MEMO: Temporary Suspension of Nonessential Business Travel (SHRM)
- PDF: COVID-19 FAQ for Employers
- PDF: Emergency Response Act - Employer Responsibilities and Guideline
- PDF: A Scripted Layoff in Q&A Format
- PDF: COVID-19: Ways to Plan, Prepare & Respond
- OUTLINE: Employer Layoff
- TEMPLATE: Notice of Temporary Layoff or Furlough Due to Coronavirus (SHRM)
- TEMPLATE: HR4VR Communicable Diseases Policy (SHRM)
- WEB PAGE: Littler COVID-19 Resources for Employers
- WEB PAGE: Department of Labor
How To Give Back
- Premier Vacation Rentals Group- Free Lodging Program for Virus Impacted Families & Individuals
- The Vacation Rental Housekeeper Relief Fund
Submitted by Members
- WEBINAR (register): Making Key Employment Decisions in These Tumultuous Times
- General Information
- Everything Property Managers Need to Know About COVID-19
- How to Protect and Reassure Your Guests During a Health Scare
- Internal Communication
- Cleaning Processes
- VR Safe Harbor
- Beyond Pricing